- Minimize dark areas where prowlers, burglars, or trouble can hide in your yard adjacent to house.
- Make known to neighbors that you want to be called if they suspect trouble in the neighborhood.
- Make sure all access and egress paths are covered and that you are aware of any potential issues.
- Fences and gates need to do what’s intended.
Great Advice for Placing & Planning Home Security Cameras
This “Top 4 Tips on Where to Place Home Security Cameras” article by Amanda Li at the website of security equipment vendor Reolink® gives valuable advice, complete with photos and other illustrations. (Note that Shreveport / Caddo Parish Crimestoppers does not endorse any particular security equipment or service vendors.)
Ms. Li’s four tips are summarized below, but do read the article for the details.
- Ask Questions about Planning Security Camera Placement.
- Avoid the Most Common Mistakes when Positioning and Installing a Security Camera at Home.
- The Best Locations and Positions for Your Camera Suggested
- Check Home Security Camera Placement Laws.